Dear patients, friends and community,
As you already know, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is very real and it is everyone’s responsibility to help keep our community safe from the rapid spread of Coronavirus. To help slow the spread of this virus, it is now more important than ever to take an abundance of caution to help protect you, your family, our community and our healthcare system.
We want all of our patients, friends and community to know that we are here to help you. If needed many of our practitioners are offering Skype herbal consults and we will be available extra hours starting next week. We are here our normal business hours from 9 am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 9 am to 4 pm on Saturdays. Most days of the week we are also available for B-12 and homeopathic injections.
We are taking extra precautions these days by separating patients into other rooms if you have to wait. We are wiping down surfaces 3 times a day at least and disinfecting all surfaces/air at least once a day. As always, we have the highest quality air filters available and circulate the air 24 hours a day with 3 separate air handlers.
Because there are many unknowns about Coronavirus and things can change rapidly, we believe using common sense is the best measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
If you are feeling ill, or experiencing any of the following symptoms, please stay home and limit your exposure to other people in your community. By taking action, you will significantly delay the spread of COVID-19:
- Fever (oral temperature 100.4° or higher) or symptoms of fever (such as chills or body aches) within the past 72 hours. Please do not consider yourself fever-free until your temperature has been normal for at least 24 hours without the use of Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Advil (ibuprofen).
- Shortness of breath and/or cough that is not known to be caused by another condition (for example allergies).
- Travel within the past 14 days to areas that have people known to be infected with COVID-19.
- Close contact with a person known/suspected to be infected with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
Prevention is the best medicine. Here are some additional resources for our patients and community during this critical time.
What You Can Do To Take Care Of Yourself
The most important things you can do to support your immune system are really basic:
- Don’t panic. Stress is bad for your immune system. It’s normal to have worried thoughts. Just don’t entertain them for too long. Make some time to do something enjoyable each day and connect with loved ones.
- Wash your hands frequently and don’t touch your face unless you just washed your hands.
- Get enough sleep. Turn off the screens and start winding down a little earlier.
- Drink lots of water to support healthy mucous membranes and lymphatic system as a first line of defense. Hot water and tea have been shown to inhibit viruses in our throat. Consider teas like Chamomile, Ginger, Lemon Balm, Lemon Grass, Passion Flower, Hibiscus and many other yummy teas.
- Eat more nutrient dense whole foods, soups, and bone broth.
- Eat less inflammatory foods: sugar, refined grains/breads/pasta, processed foods, alcohol, and any foods you may be are sensitive to such as; wheat, dairy, eggs, nightshades etc. And don’t forget to eat your mushrooms!
- Support lung health by doing some belly breathing, preferably outdoors, if the pollen is not an issue, in fresh air, to move circulation and clear out toxins. Not sure how to do belly breathing? Check out our video
What You Can Do To Help Boost Your Immune System
- Immune boosting and antiviral herbs! Herbs boost and support your immune system. Let us know you are interested in herbs and we’ll figure out the best way they can help you. We have both “Fire Cider” and a Immune Support Formula already made up.
- Probiotics are an important part of your immune system. They are available in fermented foods such as yogurt, kefir, raw sauerkraut, specifically labeled pickles, miso. Consider supplementing with a concentrated pill or powder.
- Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Zinc are also good supplements to support your immune system.
To the Point: Immunity System Support PDF
As part of our ongoing support to you and our community, we’ve included a FREE PDF download to help give you the tools to strengthen your immune system at home. Click here to download this FREE PDF resource.
Follow us on YouTube Traditions School of Herbal Studies where we will be posting some new videos on how to maintain your health and find medicine in your back yard.
Up-to-date COVID-19 Data from the World Health Organization
For the current number of cases worldwide, the World Health Organization maintains a COVID-19 Situation Report worldwide. Click here.
As acupuncturists and practitioners of Traditional Chinese Medicine, we are committed to the health and safety of our community. With your help and support, we can all take part in mitigating the spread of COVID-19.
While these times may feel unusually challenging, please know we will continue to monitor the current situation and evaluate additional measures to help support our patients, employees and community.
Thank you and stay safe.
Please call to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions.
Bob & all our staff